The First Street Redevelopment Project is a mixed-used project that will be located in an area bounded generally by the Fox River, Main Street/IL Rte. 64, Second Street/IL Rte. 31, and Prairie Street. Current plans call for an exhilerating redevelopment that will consist of residential, office, and commercial space with attractive, functional public spaces and ample parking.
- $100 million project
- 22 acres
- Retail: units 1,000 s.f. and up, totaling 100,000 s.f., first floor space
- Office/Commercial: units 1,000 s.f. and up, totaling 100,000 s.f., Class A, second floor space for sale or lease
- Residential: 80 condos, 16 apartments on third, fourth and fifth floors
- 836 new parking spaces (769 in 2 parking garages, 67 diagonal, on-street parking spaces)
- Public improvements include new streets and sidewalks, streetscape features (lighting, benches, landscaping, etc.) as well as replacement of electric, water and sewer infrastructure
- Riverfront pedestrian walkway
- Spacious public plaza at the north end of First Street with benches, landscaping and water feature
- Relocation of the Blue Goose within the development and expansion of their store to 30,500 s.f.