The project site spans five downtown blocks south of historic Main St./IL Rt. 64, between Second St./Rt. 31 and the scenic Fox River.
Redevelopment plans consist of residential, office, and commercial space with attractive, functional public spaces.
- First two phases of the five-phases project have been completed
- Over 250,000 square feet of ground floor retail/restaurant space and upper level Class A office
- Over 100 residential units on upper floors
- Over 500 spaces in two public parking garages, plus on-street and nearby public surface lots
- Public improvements include new streets and sidewalks, streetscape features (lighting, benches, landscaping, etc.) as well as replacement of electric, water and sewer infrastructure
- Riverfront pedestrian walkway
- Public plaza at the north end of First Street
- Relocated and expanded Blue Goose Supermarket
It is rare that we have the opportunity to affect the future of the community in such a significant way. First Street will create a unified development area where traffic can be controlled, parking will be plentiful, and businesses will be grouped and mixed to support each other.
The environment will be landscaped and geared toward a pedestrian friendly, pleasant, and attractive downtown experience that reflects the historic character, atmosphere, and uniqueness that make St. Charles such a special place. As First Street takes shape, we look forward to the ambiance, sense of community, and economic benefits this development will bring to all of St. Charles.